My apartment is covered, and I'm in the middle of buying my round the world ticket!!! Eeeeee!!! I figure that means now's as good a time as any to update the blog!
I gave up trying to cram in every place in the world I've ever wanted to visit. Instead I've just been piecing together the places I know I want to visit on this trip, and figuring I'll leave the in-between stuff a little more spontaneous. I'm so so so excited about my skeleton so far!
1. Spanish school in Oaxaca, Mexico
2. Cuba! No particular plans, but hopefully lots of dancing and lots of eating!
3. Helping with health education in Santa Cruz, Bolivia
4. Bolivia's Salt Flats
5. Argentina! Hopefully something city-ish in Buenos Aires, and something farm-ish in Mendoza
6. New Zealand - ? - maybe farming?
7. The classic Australia camper van road trip -- Melbourne, Sydney, obviously scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef...
8. Layovers in Perth and Singapore because why not
(managed to squeeze in the Philippines and Vietnam!)
9. Hanging out with awesome kids and the amazing Brooke Patmor on the Thai/Burma border
10. Cooking and eating my way through India -- during Holi!
11. Camping trip from Cape Town to Victoria Falls
12. Hiking the Jesus Trail in Israel: Nazareth to Capernaum
From there, who knows! I guess it mostly depends on how much money I have left. But as you can see on my map, that's a year away from now anyway, so I have plenty of time to figure it out! My current wishlist includes Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Sicily, Barcelona, Portugal, Morocco, France, Holland, Denmark, and definitely definitely Iceland!
What do you think?? Do you have any suggestions for places to visit in between? Do you have any opinions about what I should do in any of these places? I have so much to learn!!!